Name: Amanda Beckley
Height: 5’1 ½”
Weight: None of your damn business
Relationship Status: Single
Life Goals: 196
So now that you know about me, a single 28 year old vertically challenged female world traveler, let’s read between the lines a little. A few years ago I discovered my true passion and I went for it, I mean I really went for it, all out. I sold pretty much everything I owned, got on a plane and left the country for my first time ever with no return ticket. It was scary as hell and exhilarating both at the same time but it soon became my day to day reality, always on the move, just me and my teal 45 liter Osprey backpack.
Once I got on that plane I knew I could do anything. Until the next obstacle presented itself to me, then it wasn’t flying across the world that was a big deal, it was walking across a country, but I did it. From then I knew I just had to focus on the obstacle at hand and I would find a way to conquer it. And this is how I live my life; conquering one obstacle at a time and knowing each time that if I could overcome the challenge in front of me I could do anything.
I have since returned home but dream only of sticking the next red pin in my globe. I have only made a dent in the world to be discovered but the important thing is that I am doing it. The goal, as I stated above is 196, 196 countries (currently) on this beautiful planet that I will explore in my lifetime. 17 down only 179 to go! While I was traveling I learned a few things that I would like to share with you all, and they are…
- Traveling solo is freaking awesome.
- It’s okay to just go with it, with no plans in sight.
- Living without “things” is liberating.
- You are in control of your life; the outcome is dependent on the choices you make.
- Walk to the beat of your own drum, even if you are the only one who hears it.
- Doing what makes you happy and surrounding yourself with like-minded people coincide.
- Sometimes you need people and that’s okay too.
Stay tuned for more on my out of this world worldly travels…